Monday, October 11, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

I have so much to be thankful for, and I don't always remember to say it, so I thought this was a perfect opportunity to share with everyone how blessed I am.

I am surrounded by amazing people everyday.  My friends have been my friends for a long time, some as far back as kindergarten, as a group they are loyal, compassionate, people.  People I would do anything for and I know the feeling is mutual.  My family is healthy, active and living life with a great deal of zealousness.  This year as we said goodbye to some friends, far too early, I was reminded of how important our health is and how we take it for granted, when we should be thankful for every healthy day.
From early in my life I remember my Mom always being there to support me in whatever I was interested in.  She hugged me when I needed it, told me I could accomplish anything, and cheered me on from the sidelines at every event in my life.  I am so glad my Mom has found such a strong sense of purpose in the last 5 years, she has followed her passions, and is living life to the fullest.  She helps others all the time, whether it be with horses, healing, listening, or even babysitting.  She has been a great example, and I hope someday Sloan can say the same  things about me. 



My Dad, I am lucky enough to say, is one of my best friends.  He has influenced my adult life more than any other person.  He taught me that it's important to be fair, honest, and to take life with a sense of humor.  He's my business mentor, and a great business partner.  I appreciate his view on life, and that he truly accepts me for who I am, even when he doesn't understand or agree with it. We laugh together, and after 18 years of working together I am proud to say it's enhanced our relationship, not hindered it.



Jodi, is in someways an extension of myself, and in other ways we couldn't be any more different.  Her kids are just like my kids, and I know she feels the same way about Blake & Sloan.  She has a strong personality that she balances with true compassion.  She has a lust for life, family and friends.  She's an amazing mother and wife, and she's just plain fun to be around.



I am so fortunate to have found Reg, he's a great husband, very supportive, and a wonderful Dad.  It's so much for fun me to watch him with Sloan.  Of course I already knew what a good dad he was, we don't see Dakota, Tate, Zane or Morgan nearly enough, but it's pretty cool to watch them all together.

And of course Sloan.  What a gift a healthy baby is. I feel like my heart has been put into another person, and the love I feel for him is absolutely overwhelming.  Sloan can make me laugh and cry all at the same time, and while it's the most demanding job I have ever had, it is by far the most rewarding.  Watching him learn, grow and accomplish even the littlest of things is a huge blessing.



Last night, as we finished our Thanksgiving dinner, and I was putting Sloan to bed, I had to giggle.  I could hear Jodi's kids yelling downstairs, and soon after Jodi yellling down the stairs to her kids, I could  hear my Dad and Reg comparing Blackberry's and i-phones, I could hear my Aunt and my Mom chatting, and my Uncle snoring away.  I was cuddling a healthy baby, and really what more could I ask for?

From Our House to Yours, Happy "Thanks" giving.

Love,

Julie

P.S.  On a lighter note, Sloan got to participate in the Thanksgiving ritual around our house by enjoying some pumpkin...

1 comment:

  1. Julie I have told you this before but I really really enjoy reading your blogs. You have a gift with words that's for sure. I am so happy for you and your beautiful family and being a part of your journey in life and motherhood. I am proud to call you my cousin, friend and most of all a true inspiration in life. Sloan will look back in years to come and learn a lot from you as you did your mom. Keep up the beautiful post....they always make me smile, laugh or sometimes bring a tear to my eye!!

    vddsddwaacb;pn n nn mmmmm,kkkkkkkkkkjjjjjjjjfgvvf Justice is saying hi....she had to type to you!! lol

    ReplyDelete