Tuesday, March 15, 2011

10 1/2 Months Old

Dear Sloan,

I have noticed you have hijacked my blog from time to time to relay a message to me.  So I thought I'd return the favor.

I hope someday to be able to print this blog, and give it to you as a gift.  A little more detailed than a typical baby book with stories and memories captured as you grow up.  And it's been going pretty well.  However, in order to continue on with this project I need your cooperation.

You might notice, that there was no post at the 10 month mark, and in fact your mother is a full 2 weeks late - Much to my chagrin.  For 2 weeks now, you have been a little uncooperative.   Auntie Jodi tried to cut your hair in your chair, but lucky for me I got to hold you for your haircut instead...and get completely covered in your hair while you cried in my ear.  Hence no photos.

I make plans, and you sleep for 2 hours, I keep the day open and you keep your eyes open.  I take you shopping and you frown at the other people, I keep you home, and you giggle and laugh all day.
I tried to get 10 month photos - but finally the photographer, gently suggested perhaps we try again another day,  because "she knew you could take cute photos".  Finally,  we captured the all important 10 1/2 months old photos. And it took some doing!  We brought your Dad along, and by giving you my keys, necklace, and Dad's hat, with Dad sitting in front of you entertaining you, and me sitting beside you, we did get some good shots, I never knew I wanted pictures with necklaces and keys before, but it all worked out.  I'm pretty sure I won't be able to talk your Dad into this every month though, honestly, I don't know that' I'm up for it either!

Well, maybe I am up for it, they are pretty cute pictures, and look we even got a couple of family photos.

And today was great, you were happy, happy, happy.  So happy in fact we even managed to weigh you, and measure you, and get groceries! So at 10 1/2 months we will forever know you weighed 21 lbs, 10 oz, and were 31.5" long. 

Anyway, I just wanted to explain...

Love,  Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment