Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas Time's a Coming

As soon as my birthday arrives, I like to Christmas into high gear.  The tree goes up, the house decorations get unpacked, my front door gets decorated, baking begins...


I like to do a Christmas craft with Jodi's kids, and sadly this year Jake missed out, but here are Kolt & Drew's mini muffin tin advent calendars.

This year I got to add a new Christmas preparation to my list.  It was time for Sloan to meet Santa.

My type A personality kicked in, and I started researching Santa displays, the one that would be make the very best backdrop for my Santa photo, and as luck would have it I found a great one close to home.  I loved the reindeer and log cabin, so we were off...


Maybe not the smiliest of Sloan photos, but not one tear, or upset gesture, at one point he even grabbed a hold of Santa's coat. I have to give Reg credit for this, as Reg was clearly getting Sloan ready for Santa for the entire month of December, going as far as to grow a beard Sloan wouldn't be scared.  Here is Daddy Claus.


We also brought Jodi, Jake, Kolt & Drew with this, so we got a picture of all the kids together with Santa.


And of course a few shots for my scrapbook...


And I learned a lesson with this photo...Jodi can not be trusted to tell me my hair looks like I've been in a 90 mile an hour wind...


And then I found a whole new avenue to get in one more visit with Santa.  I convinced Dakota (bit of a tough sell), Tate, Zane & Morgan, that not going to see Santa at Christmas is a very bad practice, and we got one more Santa photo for 2010.


 Love,

Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment