Saturday, September 4, 2010

I'm Addicted!

Hi, my name is Julie and I’m addicted to....photo shoots for my baby. It’s been one day since my last shoot. I’m afraid Sloan’s first words are going to be “Say Cheese”, and that I’ll have to go back to work just to pay for my habit. And yet, I can’t stop, I don’t want to stop, I’m addicted.

Sloan is now four months old, and for a while I have been taking some ribbing about the amount of pictures, little jokes like “How is your best friend the photographer at Superstore today?” Or “I just thought I’d email and make sure you were ok, I didn’t get any pictures this week” – ha, ha, ha.

Then I over heard Jodi telling someone that Sloan had been for 6 photo shoots since he was born – and Drew who is 4 ½ years old has only been for 3. I thought wow – what an exaggerator my sister is...who knew? And then I started counting...turns out Jodi isn’t such an exaggerator after all.

When Sloan was 3 days old, I had booked newborn shots, and man was I ticked at Mother Nature when a huge snow storm blew in. I coudln't believe it when Reg said I couldn't go to Superstore.  He said no one could get to work, because the road was closed off with snow drifts higher than my head, so sadly these were taken when Sloan was 4 days old, not 3 as was the plan...


Turns out he was a natural poser.

Well a week later Mother's Day was on the horizon, and since we had a new family member I thought what a nice gift new pictures for my Mom would make.  Jodi So technically this photo shoot shouldn't even count...it was for my Mom, and my sister took most of the credit.

I knew I had to keep developing his baby modelling skills, afer all it's my job as his mom to nuture these things. So when he was 15 days old (again much later than I planned, thanks to Mother Nature), I asked Mom to accompany me to Okotoks, my friend Tracy had the most beautiful baby photos taken by Carolyn Sandstrom, and I had to have my own set.  Here are a few (I think Carolyn took about 300 shots in all).  She did a great job, and I only had these taken because of Tracy, so again, not my fault...

The cowboy hat one even made her website...the modelling practice was working out.

Well it was time to meet his brother's and sister, and we needed an updated family picture, this photoshoot really should be counted in Reg's ledger, not mine, afterall all those kids are his.

Well, then we hit a big milestone, Sloan was one month old, and I was looking for a new photographer (the one at Superstore now knew my name on sight, even when I ran into her at the bank)...so I tried out Sears at Chinook.  This gal had some great ideas...and we got some really fun shots, and a bit of a smile in this one.  Some say addicted, I say how could you not mark a milestone like a whole month old!


And then Sloan was twice as old, as he was the last time we'd had his pictures taken. Two whole months old, and growing so fast.
 

Well, what choice did I have when Sloan turned 3 months old, afterall he was 1/4 of a year old, and goodness knows he'll only be that old one time in his life.  Plus we needed to see how much he'd grown since we'd last used the cowboy hat as a prop.

What a chunky monkey!! 

Which brings us up to date, I had booked 1/3 year photos, (otherwise referred to as 4 months old) and thanks to Kijiji I found a photographer who would come out to our house and take pictures.  I cancelled our appointment and rebooked with Lana.  She arrived this past Monday morning, and took a few pictures, but it just didn't go our way.  She got a couple of good shots, but then graciously offered to redo the shoot, which we did on Thursday. 

And then...yesterday, we needed to update our entire family photos.  We hadn't had one taken since our wedding, so yesterday afternoon at Mom & Dad's we had those photos taken... I haven't recieved these shots yets, but you can count on seeing them soon.

Before you go back up the page now and count how many photo shoots that is, it's 10.  Not that many really...you only use every finger to count to 10, which means we still have toes to count with...

Love, Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment