Monday, September 27, 2010

My Very First Post!

Hi Everyone! I'm hijacking my mom's blog.  Mom has been busy working, and meeting, something she calls, "obligations and deadlines" hence,  she has been ignoring my blog audience.  So this morning I thought I would catch you up on what I've been doing.  Because what she's been doing is B-O-R-I-N-G. 

I am now 5 months old, and according my Mom and Momma - I'm cuter than ever.  And do I have these people wrapped around my finger.  You should see what they are willing to do just to get me to giggle.  I would  totally giggle more without all the fuss, but they seem to like making crazy faces, dancing around, singing...so I've been humoring them.  Someone should really give me the camera or video camera, so I could show them what they are doing! I'm laughing at them, but they don't seem to care.

Yesterday I hit the 5 month old milestone.  I now weigh 18 lbs 2 oz, and Mom say I'm outgrowing things faster than she can wash them.  I think it's because I have found something I absolutely love - Food!  Food is awesome, and there is so much variety.  I still like my milk, but I love pears, bananas,  sweet potatoes, avocados and especially applesauce.  I just wish Mom would let me hold the spoon, she's a bit controlling, but for now I'm letting her feed me, I keep trying show her I can do it on my own, she'll catch up, but for now whatever makes her happy.  Thank goodness my Dad finally intervened and gave me some bananas, my Mom was never going to do it.  She kept telling people I wasn't reaching for food on her plate...she forgot to mention she wouldn't eat with me on her lap, and my arms are too short to reach from the high chair.  She took a video of me eating, you'll see she really needs to buy a tripod...


She also finally gave me a a big boy cup.  I hate baby bottles, there I said it.  I tried to show them several times that "breast was best", but they kept jamming this rubber thing in my mouth and expecting me to drink from it - eewww!  I had seen other big boys with cups, and the minute she gave me one of those I was all over it.  She put some water in it, which was a bit surprising at first, but I really like water now.  I have to grab the cup from her as soon as she fills it up, otherwise she'd try and hold that for me too!  This is me with my new cup the first day I had it, of course she had to take a picture!


I also got evicted...my own mother evicted me.  She moved me to a smaller bed!  Just when I had everything as I wanted it, Mom up and changed things.  I had been sleeping with Mom every since I had arrived and that way whenever I was hungry I could just get a snack and I wasn't really bothering her. It was so easy.  She was complaining to my Dad she couldn't sleep, and then life got really good for me.  She moved to the couch and I had a king size bed all to myself!  It was awesome.   Just look how happy I was.
She told me it was ridiculous that Dad was in the guest room, she was on the couch, and I was in a king size bed, and wham! I suddenly found myself it a much smaller bed - similar to a jail cell, I now have bars all around me.   I thought about making a big fuss when she put me it there the first night, but it's kind of cozy, and it's all mine. 

I've been working on rolling over...I can actually do it, but I don't want my Mom to know.  So when she leaves the room I roll around until I get to the spot I want to be in, and then when she comes back I am lying on my back again.  It's really funny - she has no idea.  She tried to set up the video camera one day to catch me, but I'm totally on to her, so I just laid perfectly still the whole time it was there - after all I wasn't born yesterday - I am 5 months old.   I love to do this when she's changing my diaper, it makes diaper changes so much more interesting!  Especially when she forgets the diaper basket is empty and has to run and get one ;)

I finally got to go for my first pony ride, I think I want a be a cowboy when I grow up! 


This pony is a little wild, but I'll get her trained, it's just going to take a little time.



My mouth also hurts a lot these days!  And for some reason my shirts are always soaked right under my chin.  My mom says I'm creating even more laundry (which apparently she didn't think was possible), but I'm being a pretty good sport about it all.  She says I'm "cutting a tooth", whatever that means, all I know is that with a whimper I can get a cuddle, and she lets me bite whatever I want, so it's not so bad. 

I've been waiting for something called Summer to come, Mom says maybe next year, which is a real bummer.  She says it's "Fall", and soon it will be "Winter", she bought me a new hat for this winter thing...she says I'll definitely get to see winter, no chance of missing that.  I think I'm going to like it, because I love my new hat!

Which reminds me I love my bumbo chair, I can get right up and see things and be a part of things a lot easier.  My brothers and sister were here this weekend, and we all played Monopoly with Dad.  I let Dad win just this once.

Well I'm off for a nap, I try not to sleep any more than an hour otherwise my Mom just misses me too much.  But I can hardly stop the yawning now...

Love,  Sloan.

No comments:

Post a Comment