Monday, September 13, 2010

Sloan is 4 Months Old!

This post is a little behind the 8 ball...Sloan is actually 4 1/2 months old now, but I had to wait for all the pictures to arrive so I could share.    He's growing so fast - which of course is a great thing, but as I looked at newborn pictures of 2 little girls this morning, it really drove home what a short time he will be a baby.

On the day we took the picutres, he was 17 lbs, 6 oz...we are getting close to double his birth weight, which I'm excited about, soon he will be eating solid foods!  I can barely lug him and the car seat around anymore, so mostly he travels on my hip, which by the way - very dumb thing to do at the grocery store, even if you are just running in for one thing, because it's never one thing.  It's like the lights of grocery store hypnotise me into buying things we don't even eat.  I think about ten people helped us get around the store and out to the truck again, and I still had to run back to the middle of the road to pick up his blanket. Ooops I fell off the track again, now where was I????


Right...4 months old, 17 lbs, 6 oz, and can I brag?  Uh...isn't that in fact the point of my own blog...  He slept 12 solid hours last night, woke up had a good drink (Drew will not tolerate me to say that he eats, she constantly corrects me that he is in fact drinking) of milk, and slept for 2 more hours.  Now if only I could learn to sleep like that, I was awake at 3, at 4, at 5, and 6, wondering why the heck he wasnt!  Crazy!




We tried to get a cowboy hat picture this month, the plan was to get one every month to show how much he's growing.  And we do have the pictures...but he wouldn't leave the hat alone this month, he was grabbing at it, twisting it, and don't tell Reg...it was in his mouth the odd time too. We had to be quick with the camera and I'm guessing future cowboy hat photos will also be action shots.


Love, Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment