Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy 2011!

In the midst of the Christmas Season, Sloan also hit the 8 month mark.  We were a few days late (gasp!)taking our monthly photos.   

He's showing no interest in crawling, he is happy to just sit on the floor, and if he can't reach a toy - oh well!  He's such a happy and content baby, nothing really gets under his skin, so it's hard to entice him move.  If I lay him on his tummy, he looks up at me, and rolls onto his back, usually within about 15 seconds.  I keep telling him, it's hard to learn to crawl on your back, but he just doesn't care.

Drew, on the other hand, is ready for him to crawl.  She has been giving him lessons and pointers to help out.  She has shown him that you have to be on your tummy, push up your front, then your bum, and move your legs and arms - She say's it's easy! But he just smiles at her too, and then rolls over.

I'm starting to wonder if he isn't more interested in walking than crawling, he really thinks he's quite something when he's standing, usually grinning from ear to ear.  And sometimes he locks his legs so much I can't get him to sit down. 

We all know how he loves to prove me wrong, but I'm going to say it anyway.  I vote for crawling over walking - he'll be lower to the ground, (for those of you who have been to my house, you know this would be easier to manage), making my "Don't touch Mommy's things" training a little easier.  Plus, crawling is so cute - I can already see the photo opportunities developing.
I've heard babies "scoot" sometimes first,  before crawling or walking.  So I got him a scooter! 
Ok, this was the photo studio's scooter, but he did get his first John Deere tractor for Christmas, a dinosaur, and a walker - and they are all broken!  I can make them go forwards, but for Sloan they only have reverse.  It's so cute.

I had a few moments to reflect on New Year's Eve - since we weren't busy doing anything else.  Four years ago, Reg & I travelled to Aspen, Colorado, and had the best week of skiing, snowboarding, dogsledding, eating, and just hanging out with friends.  We rang in the New Year with a fancy meal, and a big party.  The following year, we celebrated our wedding on New Year's Eve, we had 150 of our friends and family to ring in the New Year with - such a fun party.  Last year, Reg went to a party at Keith & Brenda's, while I stayed home sick (read: pregnant, tired etc).  And this year, we watched the ball drop in Times Square at 10:00, and were asleep by 10:18.  


One more confirmation that A Baby Changes Everything.

However, we also had the happiest little New Year's Baby to help us start 2011, and what could be better than that?

Love,  Julie



No comments:

Post a Comment