Wednesday, January 26, 2011

9 Months Old!

Are you starting to wonder, is she seriously going to post something EVERY time the kid is a month older?  And the answer is -

Sloan is 9 months old, he's now been here officially as long as it took me to get him here.   And  I must say I have enjoyed the last 9 months a lot more that the previous 9 months.  It has officially been 9 months since the smell of fish, chicken, or the taste of a bagel made me sick to my stomach - and as Martha would say, that's a good thing.

January was a very quiet month for us, I have been taking an online Scrapbook design course, and I have literally done nothing but scrapbook, and shop for scrapbooking supplies.  And, happily, Sloan's napping has finally reached the 1 hour mark pretty regularly, so I have had the opportunity to do so.  I thought about working while he was sleeping, or cleaning, or organizing, but no I have settled into my cozy craft room, and barely left.  Thank goodness Reg doesn't read my blog, because I employed tactics I was made aware of by a friend, - just move the vacuum from room to room, leave cleaning supplies in various spots, and voila! It will be assumed that I have been busy all day, and I can not be held responsible for what people assume.

Sloan had a busy month too - he moved out of his infant car seat into his big boy seat - which was bittersweet for me.  I like not hauling that arm breaking car seat around, but when it's cold out, it's been hard to bundle him up properly while we make the mad dash into the scrapbook store. 



And on the 15th - he said "Mom, I love you, you are the best Mom ever!" It was so sweet, others who have heard it thinks he says "Mom-Mom" or "Mom", but I know he really is saying the other, and it melts my heart.

He also got his front 2 teeth on the 16th and 17th, only 14 weeks after getting his bottom 2, I was starting to think he wasn't going to get any more teeth.  I was tickling him while changing his diaper, and couldn't believe my eyes, I could see the teeth, although they weren't quite through, but there was no doubt, and he was giggling and smiling, and I honestly couldn't have said he was teething - quite the trooper.


I also started him on some different foods which has been fun - this kid loves Multi-grain and flax toast.  And he loves that he can feed himself.  And fruit cups (peaches are a favorite), and the cutest, is steamed carrot sticks that he attempts to dip in guacamole - it's adorable, but messy.  And already he knows to just lick the dip off, and leave the carrot...Drew must have taught him that one.


He's really enjoying playing with his toys now, and will sit happily on the living room toy and bang away at his piano for a long time, actually any music brings a big smile to his face.


His favorite time of day is bath time, he will spend as much time as I will let him in the bath tub (the kitchen sink, he actually doesn't like the big tub), and is quite happy to eat blueberries, play with his toys, and has learned to turn the water off (things will change when he learns to turn it on trust me).



Is that not the cutest little butt you have ever seen?

And no, he's not crawling, not scooting, has little interest in rolling (unless he's on his tummy, then his interest is very high), he's just very content to sit and play.  And if you are willing to help him stand he's all over that.


Love,  Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment